I am a professional English to Polish and Polish to English translator specialising in the life sciences domain.
My educational background, as well as professional certifications and experience, prove both my domain and linguistic competences. My life sciences qualifications include a Master of Science degree in Biotechnology from the University of Wrocław, Poland as well as Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Biochemistry from the University of Birmingham, the United Kingdom. My linguistic competences have been confirmed by the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) and a Diploma in Specialized Translation from Wyższa Szkoła Filologiczna, Wrocław, Poland. My role in Regulatory Affairs Department of PPF HASCO-LEK S. A. [http://www.hasco-lek.pl/en] (a leading Polish drug product manufacturer) helped me gain experience of translation in a pharmaceutical field as well as extensive knowledge of current legislation and registration dossier (CTD) management, including correspondence with the Polish regulatory agency (URPL) in Warsaw.
I am a competent user of CAT tools such as SDL Trados Studio 2019, working with translation memories and term-bases for consistency.
I work with both individuals and institutional clients. All projects are treated as confidential. I issue VAT invoices.
- Diploma in Specialist English Translation, Wyższa Szkoła Filologiczna, Wrocław, Poland
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), Cambridge University, United Kingdom
- PhD in Biochemistry, University of Birmingham, School of Biosciences, United Kingdom
- Master’s degree in Biotechnology, Uniwersytet Wrocławski, Poland
- Years of experience (since 2011) in translating clinical trials and regulatory material – a collaboration with translation agencies in Europe and the United States: Transperfect, RWS, Novalins, Telelingua, SDL
- Years of experience (since 2009) in translating and editing scientific publications in the life sciences domain – a collaboration with many scientific institutions in Poland: Wroclaw Medical University (Uniwersytet Medyczny im. Piastów Śląskich we Wrocławiu), Poznan University of Medical Sciences (Uniwersytet Medyczny im. Karola Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu), Botanical Garden in Wrocław (Ogród Botaniczny Uniwersytetu Wrocławskiego), UTP University of Science and Technology (Uniwersytet Technologiczno-Przyrodniczy im. Jana i Jędrzeja Śniadeckich w Bydgoszczy), Ludwik Rydygier Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz (Collegium Medicum im. Ludwika Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy), Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu), Polskie Zrzeszenie Inżynierów i Techników Sanitarnych (PZITS)
My translations of abstracts for the quarterly Ochrona Środowiska published by PZITS may be found: tutaj.
- Regulatory affairs specialist in PPF HASCO-LEK S.A., Wrocław, Poland